As we wave goodbye to yet another Halloween and begin to finally emerge form the candy coma, the real clean up can begin. But what do we do with the pumpkins? Waste not, want not! we always say, so instead of flinging them onto the compost heap, why not bake them into a lovey, gluten free, autumnal tea time treat? Pumpkin is chock full of fibre and vitamins, so this is the ultimate guilt free comfort food!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• 1½ cups of almond flour.
• ¼ cup of gluten free all purpose flour.
• ¾ teaspoon of baking soda.
• 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
• ½ teaspoon of nutmeg.
• ¼ teaspoon of ginger.
• ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
• ½ cup of organic pumpkin puree (fresh or canned) – if using fresh, cook the pumpkin until soft and then whizz it up in a food processor.
• ½ cup of honey or maple syrup.
• 2 eggs
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170 C.
2. Lightly grease one bread pan with coconut oil.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients (almond flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt).
4. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, honey/maple syrup, eggs).
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Pour into your bread pan.
7. Bake for approximately 35 minutes (the top should be lightly browned and a toothpick will come out clean).
8. Let bread stand in the pan for 5 minutes.
9. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
And there you have it! Easy!
© Nature Works Brands Limited 2018
Website by Orca