It’s bloomin’ cold outside now we’re into November, and that means we get to start experimenting with seasonal veg and see what tasty, gut healthy soup we can cook up in the kitchen. And we decided to use beetroot as it is not only really good for us, containing iron, folate and magnesium, but just like our Daily Cultures Tea, this soup is sugar free, dairy free and great for our good gut bacteria!
YOU WILL NEED:
500g of beetroot
2 x celery sticks
1 x large red onion
1 x clove of garlic
2 tbsp coconut oil
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp dried chilli flakes
800ml vegetable stock
1 x 400ml can of coconut milk
1. Peel the beetroot and cut it into equal chunks.
2. Chop the celery into thick slices and peel and dice the onion.
3. Peel the garlic and roughly chop.
4. Add the coconut oil to a large saucepan and heat until melted. Then add all the chopped veg and stir.
5. Cook like this for about 10 minutes over a medium heat and stir occasionally.
6. Add the cumin, chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, put a lid on the saucepan and simmer for about 45-60 mins.
8. Check the vegetables are tender and then remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a while before putting it into a food processor and blitzing.
9. Once smooth, add the coconut milk and stir until blended.
Serve and enjoy!
© Nature Works Brands Limited 2018
Website by Orca